4.01.2009

Restarting This Blog

I never finished my 2B rankings before BP changed their WARP formula (downgrading everyone by about 2 wins per season), and I'm not sure I'm really sad about that. I was not necessarily confident in the Davenport Translations' valuation of defense or accuracy in calculating it, especially given how much it disagrees with other systems about current players like Michael Young.

So that list is on the backburner for now.

What I *am* still desperately interested in is posting new, relevant baseball content. Possibly shorter and less project-oriented for the time being. So in the next couple of weeks, I am going to post several small comments and articles with a certain amount of snarkiness about the following things:

*Evaluating historical catchers, including some who might surprise you.
*Opening day rosters and what they may or may not signify
*What happened to all the outfielders?
*Odd early-season fun stuff

Hopefully this will be enjoyable. I want this blog to have content, dammit, and it will if it's the last thing I do.

No comments: